Thursday, September 4, 2008

Our Latest Project

The last time we visited my grandmother's house, we loaded up quite a bit of furniture to bring home. One thing I took was an old Magnavox radio--my Dad couldn't understand why in the world I even wanted it. I just thought it was cool and knew we could find a use for it.

We decided to turn it into a little bar. Charles worked really hard on taking all the "guts" out and building and staining new shelves and backings for the piece. I think he did a great job!

Here's what it looked like after we brought it home and Charles started working his magic in our garage...

Not too bad on the outside...


A pic of the radio side.


The back-side of the piece--the "guts" of the radio.


The turn-table.


Now for some photos of the finished product...

It almost looks brand-new!


He installed a wine rack on one side.


And installed a rack to hold wine glasses on the other side.


Smaller glasses and bottles fit inside the top.



Overall, Charles did an amazing job on this and it looks so good in the dining room! I'm glad that we found a great way to re-purpose this and have it in the house.

See Dad? This is why I wanted it!

0 comments: