Monday, July 20, 2009

Creative Language and Covert Operations

Well, today I have two excellent examples of the wonderful child Charles and I are raising.

First, a few minutes ago, while she was playing with Charles downstairs, she told him, "Don't make me angry, Dad, or I'll kick your ass!" While stifling laughter, Charles calmly told her not to use that word again. I, on the other hand, was crying with laughter upstairs! I would say that I don't know where she comes up with this stuff, but that's not true. I know exactly where she gets it!


Then, only a few minutes later, Charles had to retrieve a ball from behind the big green chair in her playroom. When the ball was removed, he notice a pile of trash behind the chair. He gathered up the mess and brought it to my desk--placing it neatly on my desktop. The pile was nothing but candy wrappers. Riley has been sneaking candy--Starburst, Tootsie Rolls, Smarties, etc.--from the top of the rack in the kitchen!



Instead of just throwing away the wrappers in the trash (where we probably wouldn't even notice them), she's been throwing them all in a pile behind the chair! I mean, did she really think they would never be found?? Unfortunately, Riley stayed downstairs, terrified that I would be angry. Instead, when I took a look at the pile on my desk, I just started laughing. How could I not?

At least she was honest about the whole thing...she immediately fessed-up to Charles about what she had done. In the end, this is one of those stories we'll bring up when she's older and have a good laugh about the whole episode!

0 comments: