Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Tybee Time!


Last Friday, we all drove down to Tybee Island to visit the Fulkerson's for the weekend. Riley woke up Friday morning and before she was even out from under the covers she yelled, "Whooohoooo!" Gee, think she was excited?

Friday night we all walked over to the YMCA to decorate pumpkins, eat snacks and watch "It's the Great Pumpkin, Charlie Brown!" We all had so much fun.

Riley the Pirate.


Riley decorating her pumpkin.


Zoe as a goth girl and Emma as a mime.


Ellen found an interesting pumpkin...


Saturday morning, we all watched the girls play in their soccer games while Riley and her friend James played on the playground at the soccer fields.

Zoe during her game.


Emma taking on the big boys.


Marissa and Riley during a break in the game.


Saturday afternoon, we all drove to downtown Savannah for Wag-O-Ween: people were encouraged to dress up their dogs in costumes and stroll the streets of the city--stopping to pick up "treats" for the dogs at participating businesses. All the dogs were adorable!







Saturday night I took some time for myself on the beach--it was so peaceful! I know some of the pics are dark, but I was trying to capture the light as I was seeing it on the water--it looked almost pink in the fading light of the sun...





Sunday we all went down to the beach to hunt for shells and we came home with quite a haul! When it was time to leave on Sunday, Riley was not happy at all. She started crying and on the way home she made a wish on the first star she saw. I kid you not, she said, "Star light, star bright, the first star I see tonight, I wish I had a house on the beach!"

Hmmmm, I think I would have made the same wish!!


0 comments: