Tuesday, May 5, 2009

Light at the End of the Tunnel...

Well, things have not been so great the last few days. I'm writing this now on a break from my pain meds--once I take them, I become exhausted and drunk-sounding...pretty much useless!

The pain has been horrible and my medication wasn't really doing the trick. On Sunday morning I called my doc because I had several burst blood vessels in my right eye, my vision was blurry and I was also quite dizzy. He told me to go directly to the ER to get checked out because those symptoms aren't normal in the post-op recovery period.


I was at the hospital for over five hours and got a CT scan--the scan showed just severe swelling which was, most likely, causing my pain. I got new pain medication that works much better--it's not 100%, but it's much better than what I was on before. My eyes are still blurry and look horrible, but I'm hoping that won't last much longer.

Tomorrow I'm scheduled to have the splints taken out and my doc (and the doc at the ER) says that I will see tremendous improvement once those are out and the doc suctions all the gunk out of my nose. Unfortunately, someone online equated the splint removal to childbirth. Not good. I'm so, so scared.

Fun times.

0 comments: